Have you ever wondered if you have what it takes to be a professional mover? If you’re interested in becoming a Mover or Driver, you can learn about available mover jobs at Mesa below. Professional moving is a fast-paced and rewarding career that may be perfect for you.
Professional Moving 101
Professional moving is a mentally and physically challenging career that allows for growth and development. You don’t have to be a bodybuilder or a gym rat to be a professional mover though—there is much more to professional moving than meets the untrained eye. The following are just a few things professional movers can master on the job.
- Becoming certified as a United Van Lines Mover
- Developing strong communication skills
- Protecting a home
- Packing to perfection
- Labeling of boxes
- Taking household goods inventory
- Securing and protecting large items like couches or refrigerators
- Organizing the unloaded boxes
- Becoming excellent problem solvers
Household Goods Driver 101
Household Goods driver training begins with practice and obtaining a Commercial Driver’s License. Every good Household Goods Driver must achieve success as a Certified Driver and Mover, then step into the role of mentor and supervisor at the job site. Along with the safe and careful handling of household goods, a professional driver will master the art of:
- Safely performing a pre-move truck checklist
- Setting an example for the crew
- Perfecting the customer experience
- Loading and stacking the van
- Checking off the inventory list
- Unloading the van
- Performing a post-move truck checklist
- Taking pride in the condition of your truck
Mesa Mover Jobs
When you take a mover job, as a Driver or Mover, you become part of a cohesive unit and a team. When you work for Mesa Moving and Storage we help you with the training, certification, and if necessary licensing you need to start your professional moving career today. Mesa Moving and Storage has been moving residential and commercial customers since 1981, so we are experts at the ins and outs of the business. When it comes to getting you the tools you need to start pursuing a career in moving, we make the process of crossing the T’s and dotting those I’s easy.