Local CDL A&B Driver
At Mesa Moving and Storage we believe in Pride, Respect, and Trust.
Pride: we exceed expectations through motivation and passion.
Respect: for our customers and Mesa Family combined with courtesy, appreciation & empathy.
Trust: is developed through honesty and transparency.
Founded in 1981 in Grand Junction, Colorado, Mesa Moving and Storage began moving residential and commercial customers with a simple mission to provide fast, reliable, and affordable moving services with a customer-centric attitude. That mission has enabled us to expand into Salt Lake City Utah, Denver Colorado, and Boise Idaho. In May 2019 Mesa Moving and Storage acquired four United agents which added branch locations in Montana (Bozeman, Helena, and Whitefish).
Mesa is a top-rated United Van Lines agent. Help us grow to the number one spot! We are currently seeking Local Class A & B CDL drivers to join our organization. This position will be responsible for operating tractor-trailers or straight truck while directly interacting with customers in the local area. Assisting with loading and unloading is required. This will be a local delivery service with some regional delivery. Home every night and some weekend work required during peak season. Limited off-season down time. Start at $18.00 – $22.00. Experienced drivers can quickly convert to getting a percentage of the job and make a much larger amount.
$1,500 sign on bonus for all new drivers with a current CDL!
Come join a team that cares about its drivers! We assign jobs but never force you to take anything you do not feel comfortable with. We encourage all our drivers to become owner operators, we have a good leasing program and with the local opportunities to make money many drivers buy their own rig. Our long-distance owner operators make between $75,000 and $150,000 your income depends on how often you want to work, set your own schedule to match your financial goals and needs!
We are a veteran friendly employer; we count time spent driving in the military as commercial driving experience. Veterans are a valuable addition to our family!
Submit the last application you will ever need!
- A positive attitude and be able to work independently
- Clean Driving Record
- Pass all DOT required pre-employment criteria as well as company mandated drug test and criminal background check
- Does pickup and delivery tasks with customer service as a constant priority.
- Must be courteous and patient on the road, at the customers residence, and at our locations.
- Responsible for securing all loads.
- Responsible for keeping equipment clean and road worthy.
- Responsible for following all local and federal regulations for transportation.
- Uniforms are provided and it is the driver’s responsibility to present a clean and friendly appearance to our customers.
- Is responsible for timely, understandable, legible and accurate paperwork.
- Must be willing to fill other tasks when needed and performing only those jobs on which they have been trained and/or authorized by Mesa
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOT reports and regulations
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- 6 Months of Class A or B Driving Experience (preferred not required)
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Assistance loading and unloading trucks required.
- Effective written communication skills and ability to complete paperwork promptly
- Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Must present themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Must be physically able to climb into trucks and onto trailers and containers.
- Must be able to pass background check along with drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be able to understand and follow all transportation regulations.
- Mesa proudly supports a drug free work environment.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds repetitively
- Opportunity to advance to contract/commission based compensation
- $1,500 Sign on Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Medical Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid holidays
- 401k w/ Mesa matching up to 4% (employees eligible after 90 days of employment)
- Incentives for top performers
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Signing bonus
Trucking Driver Type:
- Company driver
- Heavy & Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- CDL A (Preferred)
Work Location: One location