When making a move, it’s important to plan where you’ll store all your valuables — especially if your new home has limited space, or you don’t know exactly where you want your items to go. In addition, you want to make sure that your valuables will be safe and secure, wherever you decide to store them. For many people moving, the choice comes down to this: “Should I use my basement for storage, or use an off-site storage facility?”
Of course, there are pros and cons on both sides. Let’s discuss 2 advantages that basement storage can offer, and 3 benefits associated with using an off-site facility.
The Advantages of Basement Storage
There are two main advantages to storing your items within your basement:
- Instant access. If you want to bring one of your valuables into your living space, or even use it temporarily and then return it to its spot in storage, keeping it in your basement is the most convenient option.
- Zero cost. Obviously, there are no direct costs associated with storing your valuables in your basement, which is a big plus for individuals that are strapped for cash.
The Advantages of Off-Site Storage
Off-site storage yields three big benefits to movers:
- Less clutter. For those of us who live in houses with basements, isn’t it true that the basement often becomes a “catch-all” for old and unwanted possessions? If this tendency goes unchecked, you may eventually feel like you’re navigating a maze every time you go downstairs! In contrast, storing your valuables in an off-site facility means less clutter to deal with at home. And your valuables will be highly organized within such an off-site facility; for instance, Mesa Moving’s warehouses come equipped with containerized and tiered racked storage. Moreover, Mesa can inventory each customer’s possessions until they are ready to have them delivered.
- Better protection. Basements are known for having “mold-friendly” environments. If you want to keep your valuables safe from moisture damage or other issues, then keeping them stored in an off-site facility (especially one with consistent temperature and humidity conditions) is usually the superior option. For instance, all Mesa Moving & Storage state-of-the-art warehouse facilities are clean, temperature-controlled, and extremely secure.
- More space. Even if you’re not a hoarder per se, if space is limited within your house, then moving some of your possessions off-site makes a lot of sense. Warehouse facilities, like those of Mesa Moving & Storage, boast thousands of square feet and can easily accommodate your possessions.
If you are leaning towards storing your possessions in an off-site facility, then consider reaching out to Mesa Moving. We have 7 storage facilities throughout Utah, Colorado, Idaho, and Montana. Our Department of Defense approved warehouses are second to none in terms of safety, security, cleanliness, and professional management.
Our facilities are located in:
- Boise, Idaho
- Bozeman, Montana
- Denver, Colorado
- Grand Junction, Colorado
- Helena, Montana
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Whitefish, Montana
If you’d like to learn more about our off-site storage options, reach out to us today. Our friendly team of experts would be happy to assist.