The time of year when you’ve chosen to move can have anywhere from a moderate to significant impact on your move, with each season offering its own benefits and drawbacks. What about those who are considering a move during the fall period Utah, Idaho, and Colorado currently sits in?
At Mesa Moving and Storage, we’re happy to assist clients throughout the state with basic home moves and office moves, including both local and long-distance moving needs. Our services are available any time of year, and we’re also happy to offer our general experiences with moving during various seasons. What are the typical pros and cons of moving during the fall? Here’s a brief rundown.
Advantages of a Fall Move
Here are some of the reasons certain home or building owners actually prioritize moving in the fall:
- Weather: Fall weather is the ideal combination for many people, offering cool temperatures, but not too cold to move without an excessive amount of clothing. The average high temperature during this season is around 80 degrees Fahrenheit, so it’s also ideal for packing up your belongings or loading them onto a truck. Many people are ready to move out by the time the winter months roll around, which makes fall one of the busiest seasons for movers in the state.
- Mover availability: Because more people tend to move during the summer, the fall will often feature a significant number of open moving trucks. Many companies might have a limited number of moves scheduled for the fall season as a whole, and this means individual moves can enjoy more flexible scheduling.
- Mover rates: Down related lines, some companies may offer discounted rates for moving during the fall season, in addition to offering larger discounts if it’s a long-distance move.
Downsides of Fall Moving
At the same time, moving in the fall isn’t for everyone. Here are some possible drawbacks:
- Unpredictable weather: While temperatures are cooler and generally more comfortable for a move in fall than during the hot Utah summer, fall also offers the potential for greater amounts of rain and snow. A sudden decrease in temperature also means that whatever you’re moving can become covered with snow, which is something to consider if you’re not aware of the weather forecast before making any truck reservations.
- Home sale issues: Fall can be a tough time of the year to sell a home or apartment — though in today’s seller’s market, this may not be as much of a concern.
- Settling in before holidays: Some people are highly invested in the holiday season, either personally or professionally (or both), and don’t want to spend the period leading up to this season trying to unpack and settle into a new home.
For more on why you may or may not wish to schedule a move during the fall season, or to learn about any of our moving services in Utah or nearby states, speak to the staff at Mesa Moving and Storage today.