During a move, you want to make sure that all of your possessions stay safe and secure. This is especially true when it comes to fragile items, like fine china, glassware, and other valuables. How can you pack up your fine china safely before your residential move?
Use the Right Supplies
If you invest in high quality packing supplies, then it’s less likely that your fine china will suffer any damage during the move. Examples of high-quality packing supplies include:
- Sturdy corrugated boxes
- Cellular dividers
- Foam inserts
- Cushioning material, such as bubble wrap
- High quality packing tape
- Padding materials, like blankets or billows
If you’re not sure which supplies to purchase, a professional moving company like Mesa Moving can help you choose the right supplies for your needs.
Pack Your Fine China in the Right Way
There’s a basic 3-step process that you can use to pack your fine china:
- Place a sheet of packing paper or tissue large enough to complete cover your fine china item on your work surface. Position plates face down, and folder the corners of your paper inward to cover the plate. For bowls, cups, and glasses, crumple up more pieces of packing material and stuff them around and inside the item.
- Once the item has been completely wrapped with packing paper, roll it up with cushioning material, such as bubble wrap. Make sure the bubble wrap has “air pockets” that are neither too small nor too large for your item. Completely wrap the item with your cushioning material, and then secure the material with tape.
- Pack the items in a cardboard box that’s just big enough for a snug fit. Stack each item carefully, placing the heavier items on the bottom. Fill any gaps in the box with packing peanuts or other material to ensure that your items don’t shift during transit. Finally, secure the box with sturdy packing tape.
When you enlist the services of moving professionals, you can be sure that your fine china items will be properly packed for maximum security.
Load Your Fine China onto the Truck
After your fine china has been packed up, it’s time to load your items onto the moving truck. A team of moving professionals can ensure that your items stay secure during transit. For instance:
- They will make sure that all boxes carrying fine china are marked with a “FRAGILE! THIS SIDE UP” label.
- They’ll load heavier boxes on the bottom to avoid an accidental tumble en route to your new home.
- They’ll also place any boxes you won’t immediately need upon arrival near the back of the truck, and make sure they’re secure before you start your journey.
Choosing the Right Moving Company
In many cases, it’s better to obtain professional help from a moving company than try to go it alone. At Mesa Moving & Storage, we have the skills and experience to make your relocation smooth and trouble-free. For instance:
- Our team of movers will make sure that all of your fine china items are carefully packed and loaded for maximum safety.
- Our experts can help you to select the right moving supplies for your specific needs.
- Our storage facilities offer you the highest level of security as you pack your things.
If you need help with a move, or a place to temporarily store your valuables, reach out to Mesa Moving today!