It’s 2020, and you’re ready for new opportunities and challenges. Perhaps, you’re relocating for a new job or are tired of living in a small town/big city. Whatever your reasons for moving, you’re bound to face this question sooner or later: Should you do it all yourself or hire professional movers? This question is critically important when it comes to your most cherished, priceless possessions.
That said, there are certain items you may want to pack and transport yourself. They include:
- Anything you absolutely can’t live without
- Any items of personal importance or sentimental value
- Address books
- Irreplaceable photos, memory books, and videos
- Electronics, such as laptops, tablets, and mobile phones
- Money in the form of cash or credit cards
- Documents and records, such as car titles, insurance policies, medical and school records, and airline or event tickets
The Top 3 Benefits of Hiring Professional Movers for Priceless Possessions
Nevertheless, there are several benefits to enlisting the services of professional movers during your relocation. For example:
- Professional movers know how to work competently and quickly when time is of the essence.
- Experienced movers can also load/unload your possessions in the most efficient way possible, saving you time, hassle, and stress.
- If an accident causes damage to your possessions and the proper procedures have been followed, you’ll be reimbursed.
When it comes to moving your priceless possessions, there are several important steps to take in working with professional movers.
Key Steps to Take When Working With Movers
These three key steps are critical for your peace of mind when hiring professional movers to pack and transport your cherished possessions. Ensure that you have a clear understanding of moving policies, as the requirements may differ from company to company.
- Complete a high-value inventory form. You must clearly list all high-value items on the moving company’s inventory form. It’s important to note that you should also have documented proof of value for each item you list. Some moving companies consider any item worth $1,000 or more to be a “high-value item,” while others use a different threshold.
- Show the packers the high-value items. It’s vital that you show the company’s packers each item that you list on the high-value inventory form. This ensures that they know exactly which items to treat with special care.
- Make sure the moving helpers pack the items and label/mark the boxes. This final step helps both you and the movers know precisely where your most valuable items are at all times.
Please note: If the required steps aren’t taken, the moving company won’t be liable for any damages to valuable items.
Mesa Moving Has the Experience to Transport Your Priceless Possessions Safely
When selecting a moving company to pack and transport items that have high monetary or sentimental value, you want to choose one that not only offers reasonable rates but also has a sterling reputation.
All things considered, hiring movers for priceless possessions can provide peace of mind for a seamless relocation.
If you’re looking for a reputable mover, Mesa Moving and Storage has facilitated thousands of efficient relocations to and from Colorado, Utah, Montana, and Idaho. Additionally, we take every precaution to ensure that your most cherished possessions remain safe and secure during the moving process. If you’d like to learn more about our premium moving services, contact us today. Your satisfaction is our priority.