Assistant Warehouse Manager
The Aurora, Colorado branch of Mesa Moving & Storage has an immediate opening for an an Assistant Warehouse Manager. This position is responsible for assisting in the overseeing of the loading and unloading activities on the dock/warehouse and managing/leading the warehouse team.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Manages the daily activities of the warehouse team. Ensures schedules are established, team members are assigned appropriately, and all activities run smoothly.
- Working through team leads, ensures team attendance, proper training and feedback.
- Closes works with Operations Management, and Coordination to ensure proper staffing to service capacity demands. Oversees recruitment of new team members.
- Ensures the orderly and efficient arrangement of floor, shelf, and vault space within the warehouse, the maintenance of consumable and reusable packing supplies inventories, and other related tasks.
- Ensures the careful handling of incoming shipments, outgoing shipments, shippers’ vehicles, vaults and any other items both within the warehouse and on trailers and vehicles.
- Consistently and properly checks in shipments while accurately recording all existing damage and defects (exceptions) on appropriate forms.
- Maintains both the security and integrity of property within the facility.
- Supervises assigned warehouse and moving employees, including ensuring appropriate safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Maintains timely communications with Terminal Manager and Dispatch, advising of any issues of concern to shippers’ goods or incidents that may reflect negatively on the company.
- Ensure equipment is operated in a safe manner, following all company policies and procedures. Maintains equipment properly and notifies the Terminal Manager of any problems.
- Maintains a clean and neat work area both inside the warehouse and in the surrounding grounds and lots. Team members are in proper uniforms. Ensures aisles and marked walkways are clear of obstructions and debris.
- Recruits and maintains a well-trained team that exhibits and embraces Mesa’s Pride, Respect and Trust culture.
- Distributes and supervises the workload of the personnel including drivers, packers, helpers and warehouse personnel;
- Reviews the data input of coordinators for accuracy and coordination of labor;
- Maintains schedules for all division moving services;
- Utilizes computer software for planning local operations;
- Coordinates the input of timecard data for hourly employees;
- Assigns or authorizes delivery windows on all shipments;
- Tracks and advises estimated times of arrival to customers, as needed;
- May review prospective hourly applications or resumes and submits for background check and processes for subsequent hire;
- Position may require occasional outside on-the-job supervision or driving;
- Resolves work related problems, as they arise, whether regarding customer complaints of dissatisfaction or employee’s interactions with regard to job performance and employee corrective actions;
- Minimum of 5 years warehouse experience preferably moving & storage.
- Minimum of 7 years supervising crews.
- Must be proficient in doing a proper inventory.
- Preferably qualified as a driver, CDL A or B.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Experience in the Furniture or Household goods industry a plus!
- Experience in Warehouse Management software, Windfall and/or RightTrack Driver inventory systems.
Who We Are
Mesa’s passion is Helping People and to Be the Best. We are a full-service moving company with, exceptional capabilities and skilled, dedicated professionals, Mesa Moving and Storage can handle any move, regardless of the scope. Whether it’s a residential move across town, across the country or around the globe we have it covered. We also help a variety of Corporate clients with relocating their employees, office moves and commercial warehouse services. Mesa prides itself on providing quality customer service regardless of the size and scope of the move. Our success speaks for itself and we have been awarded numerous customer quality awards!!
A Bit about Our Culture
Here at Mesa we live Pride, Respect and Trust. We take PRIDE in exceeding expectations through motivation and passion; show RESPECT for our customers and co-workers with courtesy, appreciation and empathy and demonstrate TRUST through honesty and transparency. We go the extra mile to ensure the needs of our customers are met during their move. If you take pride in your work and committed to customers then Mesa is the place for you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Aurora, UT 80017: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Distribution Operations Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location